Sunday, January 23, 2011

Simply Radishing

tgc012311radishes01

Found:
Radishes, "Easter egg"

Look at these things. They are so round and pretty -- deep red, hot pink, creamy white -- how could I resist?

Well, I could NOT resist them. Not for a second.

D and I stood at the kitchen counter and ate these, delighted with how fresh and almost juicy they were, with a nice crunch and very little heat. Part of my experimentation is to try things in new and different ways, so I tried them french style, trimmed and eaten whole, dipped into creamed butter and then dipped into a little sea salt.

Radishes + butter + salt? Oh my. Who knew?

I was blown away.

All together now, "oooh la la! Merci, beaucoup!"

Mercy.

3 comments:

  1. who knew, indeed...I'm going to have to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yo, Linda...I need some new recipes. Step it up, woman!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So funny, Melinda! I was just working on a post tonight...but not really a recipe. Maybe I should re-think it...
    :-D

    ReplyDelete

Tell me about it...